What To Pack For Camp Mardela
PDF Copy of this page
• Outdoor Clothing (include at least one pair of jeans a and a sweatshirt)
• Pajamas • Linens (including bedding or sleeping bag and pillow)
• Towels, wash cloths, etc.
• Writing material
• Small duffel bag or bucket to carry items to the bathhouse
• Swimming suit or trunks
• Sturdy shoes for hiking
• Sneakers for around camp
• Sandals/flip flops for bath house/swimming pond
• Sun screen
• Insect Repellant
• An extra pillow case or laundry bag for dirty clothing
$5-$10 is recommended for purchases at the camp store which sells postage, postcards, souvenirs, etc. It is also recommended that any larger purchases such as T-shirts, sweatshirts, books, etc. be made when campers are accompanied by parents. The store will be open upon arrival and departure.
A medical history form must be completed and properly signed for admittance to Camp. Please bring this form to camp with you at registration. WE CAN NOT ADMIT YOU TO CAMP WITHOUT THIS FORM PROPERLY COMPLETED AND SIGNED!
Our camping program is open to anyone, regardless of race, religion, national origin or physical handicap. If you have a friend who would like to come to camp, please let us know and we will be certain that they receive a camp brochure and an application. Looking forward to seeing you at Camp this summer!
Please, DO NOT BRING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TO CAMP
• Snacks, radios, laptop or handheld computer devices, IPODS or similar devices, PDAs, Blackberries, desktop PCs, alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, weapons of any kind, electronic musical instruments, pets, animals, personal sports equipment, CD players, Cell phones or pagers, walkie-talkies, video games (such as "game boys" - etc.), clothing with symbols or sayings inconsistent with the Camp philosophy, etc.
If any of the listed items are brought to camp they will be held in the camp office until the time of pick up. In addition to this, if teen campers are parking their vehicle at camp, car keys will be housed in the office until the teen requests their use. At the end of summer, there is always a pile of campers' belongings left at camp. This is an expensive waste for our campers (and their parents!)
As a way to target the problem of lost belongings and a large lost and found closet, we are encouraging our campers to label all belongings. We have partnered with Mabel's Labels, a company with all types of labels that are colorful, indestructible and fun! With a special 'Camp Pack' available and also a larger Big Combo, your camper can label absolutely everything! Go to http://camps.mabel.ca and select our camp name in the dropdown; then place your order! We look forward to sending campers home with ALL their belongings this summer!
Home | Directions | Contact Us | Summer Camp | COB | Outdoor School | Rentals and Facilities | Staff | Giving